Welcome to Guitar Works, Inc. I'm Brian Medas, owner and founder. I started playing the guitar at the age of 7 and went on to study with the great guitar masters Jesus Silva, Andres Segovia, and John Williams. After graduating from The School Of The Performing Arts, I went on to several years of performing and then teaching privately and at Virginia Commonwealth University. In 1978 I founded Guitar Works, Inc. in an historic house on Cary Street in Richmond, which we still occupy today. Over these 40+ years, we have grown tremendously, selling thousands of instruments representing most of the major brands like Fender, Martin, Taylor, Huss & Dalton, D'addario, EH, GHS, DR, and many more. With a passion for what we do, we've helped countless numbers of people with their musical needs, teaching over a half a million lessons and repairing thousands of instruments. In 1999, I started producing my own line of instruments and accessories simply branded, "Guitar Works, Inc." We focus on higher quality in the "affordable" price range. The most important and unique service we provide is preparing each instrument with a complete set-up for perfect play.
Getting The Most Out Of Every Instrument Every Day
Come in to Guitar Works, Inc., and at anytime, anyday you won't see us standing around "killing time;" we will be hard at work for our work never ends. At the heart of our business is getting the most out of every instrument through careful set-up & adjustment work, restringings, and repairs. And up stairs in our studios, the teachers are helping students achieve their own personal goals, guiding them through the learning experience of mastering their music and technique.
Quality Affordable Guitars, Basses,
Banjos & Mandolins Sold Direct
The Fretted Instrument
And Song Books
Over A Million Customers Since 1978
- We make every effort to ship the same day or next business day of a paid order.
- HEY LOCALS can't come by the store? No worries! Save time and money with our fast & free shipping. Order Online Or Call 804-358-0855
- We ship by USPS & UPS.
- To insure your instrument arrives safely we use custom made double wall shipping boxes.
- IF YOUR ORDER IS A SURPRISE GIFT for someone at the ship to address NOT TO WORRY our boxes are plain brown with no logos or artwork. Our return Name & address is on the shipping label.
- Please Note UPS does not pick-up our ready packages on Saturday, Sunday, Memorial Day, July 4th Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day & New Years Day.
- Please Note USPS does not pick-up our ready packages on Saturday, Sunday, and all Legal Holidays.
- Small orders weighing under one pound are shipped free of charge by USPS First Class Mail to any U.S. address including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, APO's and The U.S. Protectorates. Faster USPS Priority Mail is available for the cost USPS charges us. (we don't mark it up or charge handling fees) These options will be available in the Online Store during the checkout process. Or call us 804-358-0855
- Orders requiring larger boxes, Instruments for example include free shipping to the Lower 48 U.S. States, due to the cost of shipping larger packages to Alaska, Hawaii, APO's and The U.S. Protectorates there is an additional shipping cost.
- For International shipments the cost of shipping is estimated automatically by the system. You will see the options just before final purchase.
- If you have any questions we are glad to help. Don't be shy:
- Phone: 804-358-0855
- Email: email@example.com
- Text Message 804-356-2330
- Face To Face: 3335 W Cary St, Richmond, Va 23221 USA